Peer Tutoring Terms And Conditions
By signing up to be a tutor on Motee, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions.
Moteeapp.com provides advertising, matching, messaging, booking and payment processing services for tutors and students. As a Tutor, ("Tutor") you are an independent contractor who will provide tutoring services in return for payment by Moteeapp.com. The owner of Moteeapp.com ("Owner") retains 40% of Tutor fees. Tutors are not employees of Owner. Payments are disbursed approximately every two weeks, not on demand. Moteeapp.com makes no warranty as to how much money you will earn or the quality of your Tutees and tutoring experience.
If you cancel a Tutoring session you will not receive payment for that session. If you do not attend a scheduled session, your Tutee (student) may request a refund and you will not receive payment. If your Tutee (student) cancels an appointment 24 hours in advance, you will not receive payment for that session. If your Tutee (student) cancels less than 24 hours ahead or does not attend, you will receive full payment.
As a Tutee, you may request a refund if your Tutor does not attend a scheduled session. You must request a refund less than 24 hours after the scheduled session time has passed.
As a Tutor, you are solely responsible for selecting your students and arranging your appointments. Owner is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any tutor, student or other user of the site. Moreover, Owner does not assume and expressly disclaims any liability that may result from the use of information and services provided on Moteeapp.com.
Peer tutors must follow the Motee tutoring code of ethics.
- Motee tutors are expected to adhere to their campus Code of Conduct and Honor Code.
- Motee peer tutors must not participate in any form of plagiarism or do the homework assignment for them.
- Tutors must guide their student to avoid plagiarism and other Honor Code violations.
- You will keep confidential the student’s personal information and not share it publicly in anyway, except if in so doing you would prevent harm or injury to or by the student.
- Motee tutors are expected to be on time for all appointments.
- As a tutor, you should demonstrate faith in your student’s abilities and provide positive and constructive feedback. Part of peer tutoring is building your student’s self-confidence. You are encouraged to send such communication as a Motee. 🙂
- If your student’s questions or problems exceed your abilities to help, be honest with them and help them find the right resources that will get them the help they need.
- Be attentive to your student, and offer them your full attention during sessions.
- Good tutoring means helping your student "learn how to learn" by helping them improve their overall study skills.
- Tutors should respect and be sensitive to the cultural background and values of their students without judgement. Honor your student’s personal dignity.
- Be respectful of people’s various learning styles and preferences.
- Create a mutual relationship of openness and honesty with the student you are tutoring.
- Receiving pay for tutoring services may impact your financial aid status or visa status. Before you begin tutoring with Motee, you should check with your campus resources (financial aid, scholarship, or international student office) to make sure you are eligible to be paid for tutoring services.
- Tutors should recognize that peer tutoring is a win-win relationship. Tutors learn by teaching and improve their own mastery of the material as they share with others.
All users hereby expressly agree not to hold Owner (or any of Owner’s employees, affiliates, successors, assignees, agents, representatives, advertisers, marketing partners, licensors, independent contractors, recruiters, corporate partners or resellers ("Affiliates")) liable for the actions or inactions of any student, tutor, other third party or any other user of the site for any information, instruction, advice or services which originated through the site, and, to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Owner and any Affiliates expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown, therefrom.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Affiliates from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses or demands of liability, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Owner and its Affiliates, in connection with or arising out of (i) materials and content you submit, post or transmit through the site, or (ii) use of the site or provision of tutoring services by you in violation of these terms and conditions or in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you will cooperate as reasonably required in the defense of such claims. Owner and its Affiliates reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, at your expense, and you shall not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without the written consent of Owner. You further agree to hold harmless Owner and its Affiliates from any claim arising from a third party’s use of information or materials of any kind that you post to the site or transmit through the site.