It is that time of year again! The first wave of midterms is over and what better way to celebrate a great grade with a giant turkey leg?
Did not do so hot on your first exam? Know it is okay, and that you still deserve a turkey leg. In all seriousness, the State Fair is a great way to escape the stresses of college for a moment, and enjoy making memories with your friends new and old.
Here are some quick tips, tricks, and information about this year’s State Fair.
What new foods are waiting for you?!
- The Arepa Burger at Arepa Loca
- Rolled Ice Cream at Black Concessions
- Unicorn Bacon and Jalapeno Cheetos Bacon at Bubba’s Bacon
- Shrimp Tacos and Pineapple Salsa at Capt. Neill’s Seafood
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Cobbler Bites at Chef D’Lites
- Cluck Puppies and Italian Ice Tea Float at Chick-N-Que
- Jerk Pork Wrap with Mango at Cool Runnings Jamaican
- Roasted and Glazed Sweet Corn with Bacon at Douglas Farms
- Grasshopper Funnel Cake at Gobblin’ Gourmet
- Thanksgiving Turkey Chop Sandwich at Hickory Tree BBQ
- Crack- N- Cheese Waffle Cone at Hickory Tree Turkey BBQ
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream at Howling Cow (WOOOO GO STATE!)
- Candied Bacon S’more at LaFarm Bakery
- Crème Brûlée Cheesecake, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Triple Threat (Candied Apples) at Miss Debbie’s Specialty Apples
- Unicorn Apples at Miss J’s Sweet Shoppe
- SoJo Melt at Neomonde Mediterranean
- Slow Smoked Bourbon Brown Sugar Rubbed Pork Loin at Old North State Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip or Country Ham and Cheese Hush Puppies at Ragin’ Cajun
- Chicken Ranch Pizza at Rudy’s
- Texas Pete Krispy Kreme Mini Glazed Donuts at Krispy Kreme
- Deep Fried Meatballs at State Fair Foods
- Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits Eggroll at Woody’s Sports Tavern Grill
Easy to say that I will look like this at the State Fair this year!
State Fair on a College Budget:
We covered all the great food at the State Fair, and it seems like you need a whole week to eat everything you want! However, tickets can be expensive, so here are some tips to help you afford going to the State Fair more than once, without forming a hole in your wallet.
Tip 1: Friday Frenzy
Grab your friends and your college ID and get in to the fair for $6! That is saving you at least $4 which can be used for more food!
Tip 2: You can save with a can!
On Thursday, October 18 you can bring 5 cans of food and get in free. Simply stop at a local grocery store where cans of food are only around 79 cents a piece. Therefore, your entrance is $3.95
Tip 3: More friends more food!
Fees can rack up when you are buying all the new exciting foods. Suddenly, you have a dilemma, you want to try more food, but you are forcing yourself to finish it because you do not want to waste any. Here is your trick, go with friends and share the food, the more people you go with the more food you get!
You are ready to take on the State Fair “Like A Boss.” Remember that when school is busy we need to take time to enjoy the little things, including fried Oreos.
Have questions? Post your Fair questions on Motee! Looking for people to meet up or go with, post on Motee!